Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Hard time bonding........

  1. #1
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey everyone! I just got a PM late 1980's Molly doll of ebay and have had her a few days now.. I am really having a hard time bonding with her.. I was never really a HUGE Molly fan, but I wanted to get her to complete my original " trio"... How long did it take you to bond with specific dolls? Any of them take awhile? I'm not so sure this doll is for me! Im going to give it some more time but wondering if it is normal to feel this way... " my other dolls I bonded with, most of them it was immediately"... Sigh.... she is a really cute doll too!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2002
    Posts
    389
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Maybe you could try putting away your new Molly for a while... maybe the 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' thing? Have you read all the Molly stories? Maybe if you read into her character you'll bond with the doll more.

    Good luck and (hope you) enjoy your new PM doll!

  3. #3
    AngieGill
    Guest AngieGill's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by wrx-gal:
    Hey everyone! I just got a PM late 1980's Molly doll of ebay and have had her a few days now.. I am really having a hard time bonding with her.. I was never really a HUGE Molly fan, but I wanted to get her to complete my original " trio"... How long did it take you to bond with specific dolls? Any of them take awhile? I'm not so sure this doll is for me! Im going to give it some more time but wondering if it is normal to feel this way... " my other dolls I bonded with, most of them it was immediately"... Sigh.... she is a really cute doll too!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sadly, if I have found that if I dont bond with a doll within like, the first week.. I most likely wont.. so those are dolls that I sell.. I have only had about 2 or 3.. a Molly was one..Josephina was one (but she was new.. not pm) and I had customized one that I just didnt feel anything for.. [img]frown.gif[/img] I hope you grow to love your Molly.. but I am like you.. she doesnt ring my bell, either.
    ANgie

  4. #4
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    I didn't bond with 2 of my today dolls and I knew right away. So I sold one and am giving the other one as a gift. Then I bought one that I did bond with. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] It happens sometimes. You don't have to like all of them.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Kitzka's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 15th, 2004
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with what Georgia says. I do not ahve a doll of my own but I never really 'got' the whole AG thing. DD got her Kailey for Christmas and I really thought it would be something that she did with her Grandmas.

    Well she saved up her own money and we went to AGP to buy her a Kit. Once I was there. Forget it. I was a goner. Since then I ahve been biding my time but will be adding a doll of my own soon.

    So put Molly away and then come back to her in a few weeks. Ou may surprise yourself.

    Lara

  6. #6
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a Josefina who is beautiful, but I just could not enjoy her.She just was not right.
    At first I considered selling her, but I knew I would feel bad about that choice too.
    She has sat in her box for a few months.

    Finally, this weekend, I opened the box, took her out, sold her meet outfit, and treated her hair.She and I have been playing all weekend, and now we are the best of friends. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Maybe you would not want to do anything so drastic, but at least try changing her outfit.

    Josefina has been dressed in modern clothes most of the weekend, but right now is is dressed as a fairy! Ahhh... She is so pretty. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah Id hate to sell her and regret it later... she has the most adorable face and stuff but I was thinking maybe its because I have too many dolls to enjoy! If I would have bought her awhile back when I only had 3 dolls, I may have bonded with her right away... She is in great shape considering she is from the late 80's and I got a fairly good price on her... I think Ill wait and see how it goes! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Thanks everyone! Ill take pix and keep you posted

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you bought her to complete a collection, don't worry if you don't bond with her. You can display her with your other dolls and just not take her down to play unless you really want to.

    I've never really bonded with Kaya, so she just sits with the other dolls. She's never even been changed.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just added pictures of Molly to the end of my album [img]smile.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member tatabatata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2005
    Posts
    595
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Skittl1321:
    If you bought her to complete a collection, don't worry if you don't bond with her. You can display her with your other dolls and just not take her down to play unless you really want to.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I totally agree. I got Kirsten to complete the "white body trio" and she is just sitting there... I don't think I have picked her up once to do anything beyond a few (as in 2) clothes changes in 3 months!

    That is the difference, IMO, between a collector's item and a doll for the love of it!
    I would not sell Molly, but just keep her as a decorative piece.

    Good luck on your decission.
    Ana [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •